Adderall XR Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Adderall XR?You should not take Adderall XR if you:
- Are allergic to Adderall XR, amphetamine-dextroamphetamine, or any inactive component used to make Adderall XR. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have a heart condition, including heart disease or atherosclerosis (also known as hardening of the arteries).
- Have moderate-to-severe high blood pressure (hypertension).
- Have an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
- Have glaucoma (a condition of the eye).
- Have a history of drug abuse.
- Have used phenelzine (Nardil®), tranylcypromine (Parnate®), or isocarboxazid (Marplan®) within the last 14 days.
Adderall XR Warnings and Precautions: SummaryThere are several situations where Adderall XR should not be taken, along with a number of warnings and precautions to be aware of with this drug. However, it is possible that not all of the warnings or precautions for Adderall XR were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the specific ones that may apply to you.