What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider before taking this medicine if you have:
- Heart problems of any kind
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Mental illness, including bipolar disorder and psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder)
- Tourette syndrome
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
- Glaucoma (a condition of the eye)
- Any allergies.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are allergic to any medications
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Adderall and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol regularly.
Tell your health care provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, antacids, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Adderall Warnings and Precautions for more information on this topic, including information on who should not take this drug.)
- Hyperactivity (trouble sitting still)
- Fast breathing
- Muscle pains
- Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not really there).
If you happen to overdose, seek medical attention immediately.
(Click Adderall Overdose for more information.)