Adderall Warnings and Precautions
Interested in a Discount on Adderall?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
You should not take Adderall if you:
- Are allergic to Adderall, amphetamine-dextroamphetamine, or any inactive component used to make Adderall. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have a heart condition, including heart disease or atherosclerosis (also known as hardening of the arteries)
- Have moderate to severe high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Have an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Have glaucoma (a condition of the eye)
- Have a history of drug abuse
- Have used phenelzine (Nardil®), tranylcypromine (Parnate®), or isocarboxazid (Marplan®) within the last 14 days.
There are a number of situations where Adderall should not be taken, along with a number of warnings and precautions to be aware of with this drug. However, it is possible that not all of the warnings or precautions for Adderall were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk to your healthcare provider about the precautions and warnings that may apply to you.