Currently, generic versions of Adderall are available in seven strengths. They are sold as Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine tablets. Adderall XR, a long-acting form of the medication, is also available in generic form.
Generic Adderall: An OverviewAdderall® (amphetamine and dextroamphetamine) is a prescription medication that has been licensed to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy. Adderall XR® (amphetamine-dextroamphetamine extended release), a long-acting form, is approved for use in ADHD treatment.
Adderall and Adderall XR are manufactured by Shire US, Inc. Both medications are available in generic form (see Generic for Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine Extended Release for more information about generic Adderall XR).
Who Makes Generic Adderall?Several different manufacturers make a generic Adderall. Some of these companies include:
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd.
- Eon Labs
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals.
Strengths of Generic AdderallBecause the actual name for generic Adderall is very long ("dextroamphetamine saccharate, amphetamine aspartate, dextroamphetamine sulfate, and amphetamine sulfate"), the generic name will usually be shortened to fit on your prescription label. Generic Adderall is available in the following strengths:
- Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine 5 mg tablets
- Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine 7.5 mg tablets
- Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine 10 mg tablets
- Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine 12.5 mg tablets
- Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine 15 mg tablets
- Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine 20 mg tablets
- Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine 30 mg tablets.