General Information on Your Dose of ConcertaSome considerations to keep in mind when taking Concerta include the following:
- This medication should be taken at the same time every morning, first thing after waking up.
- If you do not take Concerta as scheduled, take it as soon as you remember in the morning. If you remember in the afternoon or later, skip the dose for that day. The medicine is designed to be taken in the morning and may cause problems sleeping if taken later in the day. Do not take a double dose.
- Your Concerta dosage can be taken with or without food.
- The tablets are specially designed to release the medication slowly over time, so it is important to swallow them whole. Do not break, chew, or crush the tablets.
- For Concerta to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. This drug will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider recommends.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Concerta, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the medicine without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.