What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Concerta?Talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking the drug if you (or your child) have:
- Heart problems of any kind, including:
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Tourette syndrome
- Glaucoma (a condition of the eye)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Difficulty swallowing
- A history of intestinal blockages or an intestinal obstruction
- A history of drug or alcohol abuse
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Concerta and Pregnancy)
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Concerta Warnings and Precautions for more information, including information on who should not take the drug.)