Daytrana Side Effects
There are a number of possible side effects with Daytrana that you should report to your healthcare provider, including, but not limited to:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Chest tightness, chest pain, or heart palpitations
- Shortness of breath
- Abnormally long-lasting or frequent painful erections of the penis in males of any age
- Depression (see Daytrana and Depression)
- More outgoing or aggressive behavior than normal
- Strange behavior, agitation, or restlessness
- Signs of Raynaud's disease, such as cold and numb fingers and toes
- Hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not really there)
- Fainting or seizures
- Uncontrolled movements of the head, neck, mouth, arms, or legs (known as tics)
- Blisters of the skin where the patch was placed
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained skin rash, itching, hives, wheezing or trouble breathing, or unexplained swelling.
There are other possible side effects that may occur with Daytrana. Although these side effects were not reported in children using Daytrana, they have been reported in people taking other forms of methylphenidate (the active ingredient in Daytrana). If such side effects do occur, it may be difficult to tell whether these problems are actually caused by the medication or something else.
Some of these rare but possible side effects of Daytrana include, but are not limited to:
- Feeling jittery
- Hair loss (see Daytrana and Hair Loss).