Daytrana Warnings and Precautions
You should not take Daytrana if you:
- Are allergic to Daytrana, methylphenidate, or any inactive component used to make Daytrana, including adhesives. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have glaucoma (a condition of the eye)
- Have severe anxiety, tension, or agitation.
- Have tics (abnormal body movements) or Tourette syndrome (or a family history of Tourette syndrome).
- Have used a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within the past two weeks. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors include:
Daytrana Warnings and Precautions: Summary
There are a number of situations in which people should not take Daytrana. Also, there are a number of warnings and precautions to be aware of before starting the medication. However, it is possible that not all the warnings or precautions for Daytrana were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the specific Daytrana warnings or precautions that may apply to you.