Daytrana Warnings and Precautions
In the case of Daytrana, warnings and precautions to be aware of with the medication concern such things as the drug's addictive nature. Other things to be aware of before using Daytrana involve the risks of using the medication if you have heart problems of any kind, a psychotic disorder, or a history of seizures. Do not use the patch at all if you are allergic to any components of the medication, have glaucoma, or have tics or Tourette syndrome. Some other Daytrana warnings and precautions to be aware of pertain to using the medication while pregnant or nursing.
- Heart problems of any kind, including heart disease, congestive heart failure, certain irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias), or if you have recently had a heart attack
- Severe agitation, tension, or anxiety
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Mental illness, including bipolar disorder (manic depression) and psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Tourette syndrome
- Glaucoma (a condition of the eye)
- A history of drug or alcohol abuse
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding.
It's important to also tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.