Desoxyn Warnings and Precautions
You should not take Desoxyn if you:
- Are allergic to Desoxyn, methamphetamine hydrochloride, or any inactive component used to make Desoxyn. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have a heart condition, including heart disease or atherosclerosis (also known as hardening of the arteries).
- Have moderate to severe high blood pressure (hypertension).
- Are severely agitated.
- Have an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
- Have glaucoma (a condition of the eye).
- Have a history of drug abuse.
- Have used a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within the past two weeks. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors include:
Desoxyn Precautions and Warnings: Final Thoughts
There are a number of situations in which people should not take Desoxyn, as well as a number of warnings and precautions to be aware of before starting the medication. However, it is possible that not all the warnings or precautions for Desoxyn were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the Desoxyn precautions or warnings that may apply to you.