Desoxyn Warnings and Precautions
Before taking Desoxyn, warnings and precautions to be aware of with the drug include such things as the risk of becoming addicted to the medication. Other warnings and precautions for Desoxyn users concern how the medication may affect a person's ability to drive a car, operate machinery, and perform similar tasks. Some Desoxyn warnings and precautions involve high blood pressure -- people with moderate to severe high blood pressure should not take the medication.
Before taking Desoxyn® (methamphetamine hydrochloride), let your healthcare provider know if you have:
- Heart problems of any kind, such as heart disease, congestive heart failure, or certain irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias)
- Had a recent heart attack
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Tourette syndrome
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
- Glaucoma (a condition of the eye)
- A history of drug abuse or alcohol abuse
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding.
Be sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.