What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Focalin XR if you (or your child) have:
- Heart problems of any kind, including heart disease, congestive heart failure, certain irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias), or a recent history of a heart attack
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Mental illness, including bipolar disorder and psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Tourette syndrome
- Glaucoma (a condition of the eye)
- A history of drug or alcohol abuse
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Focalin XR and Pregnancy)
You should also tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Focalin XR Warnings and Precautions for more information on this topic, including information on who should not take this medication.)
Overdose With Focalin XRPeople who take too much Focalin XR may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Hyperactivity (trouble sitting still)
- Fast breathing
- Muscle pains
- Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not really there).
If you happen to overdose, seek medical attention immediately.
(Click Focalin XR Overdose for more information.)