Focalin XR Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Focalin XR?You should not take Focalin XR if you:
- Are allergic to Focalin XR, dexmethylphenidate hydrochloride (or methylphenidate hydrochloride), or any inactive component used to make Focalin XR. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have glaucoma (a condition of the eye).
- Have severe anxiety, tension, or agitation.
- Have tics (abnormal body movements) or Tourette syndrome (or a family history of Tourette syndrome).
- Have used a monoamine oxidase inhibitor within the past two weeks. A few monoamine oxidase inhibitors include:
Focalin XR Warnings and Precautions: Summary
There are several situations in which Focalin XR should not be taken, as well as a number of warnings and precautions to be aware of with Focalin XR. However, it is possible that not all of the warnings or precautions for Focalin XR were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the Focalin XR warnings and precautions that may apply to you.