Effects of FocalinIn previous clinical studies, children and teenagers with ADHD who took Focalin had significant improvement in their ADHD symptoms, compared to children and teenagers with ADHD who did not take it. The improvements were reported by teachers who were asked to rate the symptoms of ADHD in the children and teenagers.
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations for when and how to take Focalin include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It should be taken by mouth twice a day, with at least four hours between doses.
- You can take Focalin with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Focalin will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Focalin your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other ADHD medications you have tried
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Focalin Dosing for more information.)