Focalin Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Focalin?You should not take Focalin if you:
- Are allergic to Focalin, dexmethylphenidate hydrochloride (or methylphenidate hydrochloride), or any inactive component used to make Focalin. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have glaucoma (a condition of the eye).
- Have severe anxiety, tension, or agitation.
- Have tics (abnormal body movements) or Tourette syndrome (or a family history of Tourette syndrome).
- Have used a monoamine oxidase inhibitor within the past two weeks. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors include:
Focalin Warnings and Precautions: SummaryThere are several situations in which Focalin should not be taken, as well as a number of warnings and precautions to be aware of with Focalin. However, it is possible that not all of the warnings or precautions for Focalin were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the Focalin warnings or precautions that may apply to you.