Interested in a Discount on Kapvay?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with this drug include the following:
- Kapvay comes in the form of an extended-release tablet. It is taken by mouth, usually once or twice a day.
- Do not crush, chew, or break the tablets, as this will cause the medication to be released too quickly. The tablets must be swallowed whole.
- This medication can be taken with or without food.
- Try to take this medication at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medication in the blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
The dose your child's healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- How your child responds to Kapvay
- Other medications your child is taking
- Other medical conditions your child may have.
As always, do not adjust your child's dose unless the healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Kapvay Dosage for more information.)
Just like any medicine, Kapvay can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well.
Common side effects of Kapvay include but are not limited to:
- Upper respiratory tract infections (such as the common cold).
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
(Click Kapvay Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)