Drug InteractionsKapvay can potentially interact with several other medications (see Kapvay Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your child's healthcare provider before your child takes this medication if your child has:
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if your child is:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Kapvay and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Kapvay and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your child's healthcare provider about any other medicines your child takes, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Kapvay Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
What If I Take an Overdose?An overdose with this medication may be dangerous. Seek immediate medical attention if your child (or someone else) may have overdosed on this medication.
(Click Kapvay Overdose for more information.)
What Should I Do About Missed Doses?If your child misses a dose, simply skip the missed dose and continue with the normal dosing schedule. Do not give your child two doses in the same day.