ADHD Home > Adderall XR
When and How to Take Adderall XRSome general considerations for when and how to take the medication include:
- Adderall XR comes in capsule form. It should be taken by mouth once a day first thing in the morning. You can take it with or without food.
- The capsules contain tiny beads that release the medication slowly, so it is important to swallow Adderall XR whole (do not chew or crush it).
- For people that have difficultly swallowing, the capsules may be opened and the beads sprinkled on applesauce. The applesauce should be eaten right away and should not be chewed.
- For Adderall XR to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Adderall XR your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other ADHD medications you have tried
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.