ADHD Home > Adderall XR Side Effects
Adderall XR Side Effects to ReportSome side effects with Adderall XR, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Chest tightness
- Chest pain or heart palpitations
- Signs of Raynaud's disease, such as cold and numb fingers and toes
- Shortness of breath
- Depression (see Adderall for Depression)
- More outgoing or aggressive behavior than normal
- Strange behavior
- Abnormally long-lasting or frequent painful erections of the penis in males of any age
- Hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not really there)
- Agitation or restlessness
- Unexplained rash
- Uncontrolled movements of the head, neck, mouth, arms, or legs (known as tics).
Rare Side Effects Seen With Adderall XRRare Adderall XR side effects were reported in very few people taking the drug. Given how uncommon these side effects are, it is difficult to tell whether they are caused by the medication or something else.
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Impotence (also known as erectile dysfunction, or ED)
- Decreased sex drive (see Adderall Sexual Side Effects).