ADHD Home > Adderall XR Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Adderall XR?You should not take Adderall XR if you:
- Are allergic to Adderall XR, amphetamine-dextroamphetamine, or any inactive component used to make Adderall XR. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have a heart condition, including heart disease or atherosclerosis (also known as hardening of the arteries).
- Have moderate-to-severe high blood pressure (hypertension).
- Have an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
- Have glaucoma (a condition of the eye).
- Have a history of drug abuse.
- Have used phenelzine (Nardil®), tranylcypromine (Parnate®), or isocarboxazid (Marplan®) within the last 14 days.