ADHD Home > Adderall Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Adderall?You should not take Adderall if you:
- Are allergic to Adderall, amphetamine-dextroamphetamine, or any inactive component used to make Adderall. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have a heart condition, including heart disease or atherosclerosis (also known as hardening of the arteries)
- Have moderate to severe high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Have an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Have glaucoma (a condition of the eye)
- Have a history of drug abuse
- Have used phenelzine (Nardil®), tranylcypromine (Parnate®), or isocarboxazid (Marplan®) within the last 14 days.