ADHD Home > Concerta
Effects of ConcertaSeveral studies have looked at using Concerta for ADHD symptoms. The following paragraphs highlight some of the results of these ADHD research studies.
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations for when and how to take Concerta include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It should be taken by mouth once a day first thing in the morning.
- You can take Concerta with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- The tablets are specially designed to release the medication slowly over time, so it is important to swallow them whole. Do not break, chew, or crush the tablets.
- For Concerta to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Concerta your healthcare provider prescribes will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other ADHD medications you have tried
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.