ADHD Home > Concerta Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Concerta?You should not take Concerta if you:
- Are allergic to Concerta, methylphenidate hydrochloride, or any inactive component used to make Concerta. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have glaucoma (a condition of the eye).
- Have severe anxiety, tension, or agitation.
- Have tics (abnormal body movements) or Tourette syndrome (or a family history of Tourette syndrome).
- Have used a monoamine oxidase inhibitor within the past two weeks. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors include: