ADHD Home > Daytrana Dosage
Some considerations for people using Daytrana include the following:
- The medication comes as a skin patch. You apply it once daily to the skin on the hip area.
- Apply the patch to clean, dry skin that is not irritated or damaged. Try to switch hips each day.
- Do not ever cut a Daytrana patch. This will result in much too high of a dose.
- Never apply heat to the patch. This includes heating pads, electric blankets, and water beds.
- After sticking the patch in place, firmly press it with your hand for a full 30 seconds. This helps the patch to stick better. Make sure the edges are fully attached.
- After the patch is in place, bathing, swimming, and showering usually will not cause any problems with it.
- If a Daytrana patch falls off too early, apply a new patch (in a different place), but still remove this patch at your regular time.
- To dispose of a removed Daytrana patch, fold it in half so that it sticks to itself, then throw it away in a safe place or flush it down the toilet (do not flush the patch if you have a septic system). This helps prevent anyone (such as young children) from accidentally coming into contact with the medicine.
- For Daytrana to work properly, you have to use it as prescribed. The patch will not work if you use it differently than your healthcare provider prescribes.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Daytrana or your Daytrana dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop using the medication without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.
(Click Daytrana Patch Problems for more information about what to do about specific problems that may occur with the Daytrana patch.)