ADHD Home > Daytrana Side Effects
Insomnia, nausea, and weight loss are some of the most common side effects seen with Daytrana. Side effects of the medication that you should report to your healthcare provider include such things as fainting or seizures, chest tightness, and depression. It's possible that Daytrana side effects may also include problems reported with other forms of methylphenidate, such as drowsiness, hair loss, and anemia.
- Loss of appetite -- reported in up to 25.5 percent of children and adolescents
- Headache -- up to 15.3 percent
- Insomnia -- up to 13.3 percent
- Nausea -- up to 12.2 percent
- Irritability -- up to 11 percent
- Vomiting -- up to 10.2 percent
- Weight loss -- up to 9.2 percent (see Daytrana and Weight Loss)
- Uncontrolled movements of the head, neck, mouth, arms, or legs (known as tics) -- up to 7.1 percent
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain) -- up to 7.1 percent
- Emotional changes -- up to 6.1 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 5.5 percent.
Daytrana usually causes some redness of the skin around the patch. This is usually not a problem for most children and tends to go away with time.