ADHD Home > Desoxyn Warnings and Precautions
- Are allergic to Desoxyn, methamphetamine hydrochloride, or any inactive component used to make Desoxyn. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have a heart condition, including heart disease or atherosclerosis (also known as hardening of the arteries).
- Have moderate to severe high blood pressure (hypertension).
- Are severely agitated.
- Have an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
- Have glaucoma (a condition of the eye).
- Have a history of drug abuse.
- Have used a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within the past two weeks. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors include: