ADHD Home > Dexedrine Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Dexedrine?You should not take Dexedrine if you:
- Are allergic to Dexedrine, dextroamphetamine sulfate, or any inactive component used to make Dexedrine. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have a heart condition, including heart disease or atherosclerosis (also known as hardening of the arteries).
- Have moderate-to-severe high blood pressure (hypertension).
- Have an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
- Have glaucoma (a condition of the eye).
- Have severe anxiety, tension, or agitation.
- Have used a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within the past two weeks. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors include: