ADHD Home > Focalin XR
EffectsThere have been several studies looking at using Focalin XR for ADHD symptoms. Some of the results of these ADHD research studies are highlighted below:
When and How to Take Focalin XRSome general considerations for when and how to take the medication include:
- Focalin XR comes in capsule form. It should be taken once daily in the morning.
- The capsules contain tiny beads that release the medication slowly, so it is important to swallow Focalin XR whole (do not chew or crush it).
- For people who have difficultly swallowing, the capsules may be opened and the beads sprinkled on a spoonful of applesauce. The applesauce should be eaten right away and should not be chewed.
- You can take the medication with or without food. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For Focalin XR to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medications you have tried for ADHD
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.