ADHD Home > Focalin XR Side Effects
Throat pain, anxiety, and loss of appetite are a few common side effects of Focalin XR. Some uncommon reactions include dizziness, drowsiness, and hair loss. Some side effects that you should report to your healthcare provider include chest tightness, suicidal thoughts, and fainting or seizures. These reactions are potentially serious and require prompt medical attention.
Focalin XR Side Effects: An IntroductionAs with any medicine, side effects can occur with Focalin XR® (dexmethylphenidate extended-release). However, not everyone who takes drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it well. If people do develop side effects, in most cases, they are minor, meaning they require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
Common Side Effects of Focalin XR
- Headaches -- in up to 39 percent of people
- Appetite loss -- up to 30 percent (see Focalin XR and Weight Loss)
- Dry mouth -- up to 20 percent
- Anxiety -- up to 11 percent
- Upset stomach or heartburn -- up to 9 percent
- Throat pain -- up to 7 percent.