ADHD Home > Focalin XR Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Focalin XR?You should not take Focalin XR if you:
- Are allergic to Focalin XR, dexmethylphenidate hydrochloride (or methylphenidate hydrochloride), or any inactive component used to make Focalin XR. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have glaucoma (a condition of the eye).
- Have severe anxiety, tension, or agitation.
- Have tics (abnormal body movements) or Tourette syndrome (or a family history of Tourette syndrome).
- Have used a monoamine oxidase inhibitor within the past two weeks. A few monoamine oxidase inhibitors include: