ADHD Home > Focalin
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Focalin?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this drug if you (or your child) have:
- Heart problems of any kind, including:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Mental illness, including bipolar disorder and psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Tourette syndrome
- Glaucoma (a condition of the eye)
- A history of drug or alcohol abuse
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Focalin and Pregnancy)
What If I Take an Overdose?People who take too much Focalin may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Hyperactivity (trouble sitting still)
- Fast breathing
- Muscle pains
- Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not really there).