ADHD Home > Intuniv Dosage
General Information on Your Child's Intuniv DoseSome considerations with Intuniv to keep in mind include the following:
- Intuniv comes in the form of an extended-release tablet. It is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- Do not crush, chew, or break the tablets, as this will cause the medication to be released too quickly. The tablets must be swallowed whole.
- This medication can be taken with or without food. However, it should not be taken with a high-fat meal, as this increases the absorption of the medication too much, which could lead to overdose symptoms.
- Try to give the Intuniv dose at the same time each day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Intuniv will not work if your child stops taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your child's dosage or Intuniv dosing in general, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.