ADHD Home > Kapvay
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with this drug include the following:
- Kapvay comes in the form of an extended-release tablet. It is taken by mouth, usually once or twice a day.
- Do not crush, chew, or break the tablets, as this will cause the medication to be released too quickly. The tablets must be swallowed whole.
- This medication can be taken with or without food.
- Try to take this medication at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medication in the blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose your child's healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- How your child responds to Kapvay
- Other medications your child is taking
- Other medical conditions your child may have.
Side Effects of KapvayJust like any medicine, Kapvay can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well.
- Upper respiratory tract infections (such as the common cold).