ADHD Home > Metadate CD
- The medication comes in capsule form and should be taken once daily in the morning.
- Since the capsules contain tiny beads that release the medication slowly, it is important to swallow the capsules whole (do not chew or crush them).
- For people who have difficulty swallowing, Metadate CD capsules may be opened and the beads sprinkled on a spoonful of applesauce. The applesauce should be eaten right away and should not be chewed. It should be followed by a drink of water or another beverage.
- Metadate CD should be taken before breakfast. Taking it after eating can delay the effect of the medication.
- For the medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- Your age
- Other medications you have tried for ADHD
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are currently taking.