ADHD Home > Metadate CD Warnings and Precautions
It's important to understand Metadate CD warnings and precautions before taking it. People who should not take the drug include those who have Tourette syndrome, have severe anxiety, or have used an MAOI recently. Metadate CD warnings and precautions also extend to potential side effects, such as vision problems, slowed growth rate, or increased blood pressure and heart rate.
- Heart problems of any kind, including heart disease, congestive heart failure, certain irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias), or have recently had a heart attack
- Severe agitation, tension, or anxiety
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- A history of suicide attempts (or if you are thinking about suicide)
- Mental illness, including bipolar disorder (manic depression), depression, and psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Tourette syndrome
- Glaucoma (a condition of the eye)
- A history of drug or alcohol abuse
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Have an upcoming surgery
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding.