ADHD Home > Metadate ER
- The medicine comes in tablet form and is usually taken once daily in the morning (taking it later may cause insomnia).
- You can take Metadate ER with or without food.
- The tablets must be swallowed whole. Do not chew, crush, or break them.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Metadate ER will not work if you stop taking it.
- Your age
- Other narcolepsy or ADHD medications you have tried
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are currently taking.