ADHD Home > Methylin
- The short-acting versions of the drug include the chewable tablets, tablets, and oral solution (liquid). These products are usually taken by mouth two or three times daily. In most cases, the last dose should be taken before 6 p.m. (taking it later could cause difficulty sleeping).
- The long-acting version (Methylin ER tablets) is usually taken once a day, typically in the morning.
- Methylin chewable tablets should always be taken with a full glass of water (at least 8 ounces) after chewing them in order to prevent choking.
- Be sure to swallow Methylin ER tablets whole; do not crush, break, or chew them.
- You can take the medication with or without food.
- For the medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Methylin will not work if you stop taking it.