ADHD Home > Methylphenidate Extended Release
Drug Interactions With Methylphenidate Extended ReleaseMethylphenidate extended release can potentially interact with a number of medicines.
Methylphenidate Extended Release: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider before taking methylphenidate extended release if you have:
- Heart problems of any kind, including heart disease, congestive heart failure, certain irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias), or had a recent heart attack
- Severe agitation, tension, or anxiety
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Mental illness, including bipolar disorder (manic depression), depression, and psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder)
- A family history of mental illness or suicide
- Tourette syndrome
- A history of drug abuse or alcohol abuse
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
- Glaucoma (a condition of the eye)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Concerta Warnings and Precautions
- Metadate CD Warnings and Precautions
- Metadate ER Warnings and Precautions
- Quillivant XR Warnings and Precautions
- Ritalin LA Warnings and Precautions
- Ritalin SR Warnings and Precautions.