ADHD Home > Quillivant XR
- Quillivant XR comes as a powder that is mixed with water to form a liquid. It is normally taken by mouth once a day in the morning.
- Your pharmacist will mix the medication prior to giving it to you. If for some reason your medicine has not been mixed with liquid, take it back to the pharmacy. Do not mix it yourself.
- You can take this medication with or without food. Try taking it with food if it upsets your stomach. You may notice that the medicine begins to work a little faster when taken with food.
- Shake the bottle well for at least 10 seconds before each use. This will ensure the medication is evenly mixed.
- This medicine comes with an oral dosing dispenser, which you should use to measure your dose. Do not use a household measuring spoon, as it will not be accurate enough. Ask your pharmacist for a replacement if your medicine did not come with an oral dosing dispenser or if you need a new one.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- How you respond to the medication
- Side effects you experience.