ADHD Home > Ritalin LA Dosage
Considerations for people taking Ritalin LA include the following:
- Ritalin LA comes in capsule form. It should be taken once daily in the morning.
- The capsules contain tiny beads that release the medication slowly, so it is important to swallow the capsule whole (do not chew or crush it).
- For people who have difficultly swallowing pills, the capsules may be opened and the beads sprinkled on a spoonful of applesauce. The applesauce should be eaten right away and should not be chewed.
- You can take Ritalin LA with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For the medication to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you take it differently from how your healthcare provider recommends.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Ritalin LA or your Ritalin LA dosage, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.