ADHD Home > Ritalin LA
- Ritalin LA comes in capsule form. It should be taken once daily in the morning.
- The capsules contain tiny beads that release the medication slowly, so it is important to swallow the capsule whole (do not chew or crush it).
- For people who have difficultly swallowing, the capsules may be opened and the beads sprinkled on a spoonful of applesauce. The applesauce should be eaten right away and should not be chewed. The applesauce should not be warm, because this may affect the delayed-release beads.
- You can take it with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For the medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- Your age
- Other medications you have tried for ADHD
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are currently taking.