ADHD Home > Ritalin LA Warnings and Precautions
- Are allergic to Ritalin LA, methylphenidate hydrochloride, or any inactive component used to make Ritalin LA. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have glaucoma (a condition of the eye)
- Have severe anxiety, tension, or agitation.
- Have tics (abnormal body movements) or Tourette syndrome (or a family history of Tourette syndrome).
- Have used a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within the past two weeks. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors include: