ADHD Home > Ritalin SR
- The medication comes in tablet form and is usually taken by mouth once daily in the morning (taking it later may cause insomnia).
- You can take it with or without food.
- The tablets must be swallowed whole. Do not chew, crush, or break them.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Ritalin SR will not work if you stop taking it.
- Your age
- Other narcolepsy or ADHD medications you have tried
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are currently taking.