ADHD Home > Ritalin
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth two or three times a day.
- Usually, the last dose of Ritalin should be taken before 6 p.m. (taking it later could cause difficulty sleeping).
- You can take it with or without food.
- For it to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The drug will not work if you stop taking it.
- Your age
- Other narcolepsy or ADHD medications you have tried
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are currently taking.