ADHD Home > Ritalin Warnings and Precautions
- Are allergic to Ritalin, methylphenidate hydrochloride, or any inactive component used to make Ritalin. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have glaucoma (a condition of the eye)
- Have tics (abnormal, uncontrollable body movements)
- Have Tourette syndrome or a family history of the condition.
- Have used a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within the past two weeks. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors include: