ADHD Home > Vyvanse
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations for when and how to take Vyvanse include the following:
- The medication comes in capsule form. It should be taken by mouth once a day in the morning.
- You can take Vyvanse with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For children who have difficulty swallowing capsules, Vyvanse capsules can be opened and the contents dissolved in a glass of water. The child should immediately drink the entire glass of water.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Vyvanse will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Vyvanse your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
Possible Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Vyvanse. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- A decreased appetite
- Dry mouth
- Insomnia (see Vyvanse and Insomnia)
- Stomach pain (abdominal pain)