Metadate CD 20 mg Capsules
A healthcare provider may prescribe Metadate CD® (methylphenidate extended-release) 20 mg capsules to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The capsules are specially designed to release 30 percent of the medication immediately and the other 70 percent slowly, which allows the drug to be taken just once a day (typically in the morning).
The recommended Metadate CD dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary, based on several factors. Some of these factors include your age, other medical conditions you may have, other medications you are currently taking, and other ADHD medications you have tried.
The recommended starting dose of Metadate CD for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is 20 mg, taken once daily in the morning. Your healthcare provider can increase your dose at weekly intervals, if necessary. The maximum recommended dose of Metadate CD is 60 mg a day.
(Click Metadate CD Dosage for more information on how Metadate 20 mg capsules can be beneficial in treating attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, general dosing guidelines, and tips on using this medication.)