Metadate CD Side Effects
Some Metadate CD effects, while not as common, are more serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider. These include:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Chest tightness, chest pain, or heart palpitations
- Shortness of breath
- Depression (see Metadate and Depression)
- More outgoing or aggressive behavior than normal
- Strange behavior, agitation, or restlessness
- Abnormally long-lasting or frequent painful erections of the penis in males of any age
- Hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not really there)
- Fainting or seizures
- Signs of Raynaud's disease, such as cold and numb fingers and toes
- Uncontrolled movements of the head, neck, mouth, arms, or legs (known as tics)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- Unexplained skin rash
- Wheezing or trouble breathing
- Unexplained swelling.
Rare Metadate CD Side Effects
Some possible Metadate CD side effects were not reported in short-term studies of the drug, but they were reported with other methylphenidate products. Given that they were not actually reported with Metadate CD, it can be difficult to tell whether these side effects are actually caused by the medication or by something else.
Some of these rare side effects of Metadate CD include, but are not limited to:
- Feeling jittery
- Hair loss.
You may experience some or none of the Metadate CD side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, be sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.