The dose of Methylin your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The particular Methylin product
- Your age
- Other narcolepsy or ADHD medications you have tried
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are currently taking.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Methylin Dosage for more information.)
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Methylin. However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the drug quite well. If side effects do occur, they are often minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
The most common side effects include:
- Loss of appetite (anorexia)
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Weight loss (see Methylin and Weight Loss).
(Click Methylin Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report to your healthcare provider.)
You can also read about other possible side effects by going to the following eMedTV articles: