Methylin can potentially interact with a number of medicines (see Methylin Interactions).
You should talk with your healthcare provider before taking Methylin if you have:
- Heart problems of any kind, including:
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Difficulty swallowing
- Tourette syndrome
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
- Glaucoma (a condition of the eye)
- Any allergies.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are allergic to any medications
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Methylin and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol regularly.
Tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Methylin Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)